CPO, Maova village hold first meeting amid tensions; CPO says, “The ball is in the court of Maova village”

Dimapur

BY | Saturday, 21 February, 2026

Representatives of the Chakhroma Public Organization (CPO) and Maova Village held a crucial meeting on Saturday following recent tensions and the seven-day ultimatum issued by the Chakhroma Youth Organization (CYO).

Speaking to reporters after the crucial meeting, CPO Vice President Sebastian Zumvü confirmed that the meeting had taken place but clarified that no final resolution was expected at this stage. He expressed cautious optimism that further progress could be made in the coming days.

“We didn’t expect to get any final solution today itself, but a meeting has taken place. Hopefully, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, something positive will come,” Zumvü said.

He informed that the representatives from Maova Village had sought the appointment for the meeting over the past two days, and the CPO subsequently fixed a convenient time for discussions.

When asked whether the meeting was convened in response to the CYO’s seven-day ultimatum, Zumvü indicated that it appeared to have been a factor behind the visit.

On the substance of the discussions, he declined to disclose details but acknowledged that the talks reflected both positive and negative sentiments. “Well, I can’t say anything officially now. But…some good vibes were there, while some negative vibes were also there. But then we all want peaceful coexistence,” he said.

Emphasizing the collective desire for peace, he said all parties were keen on ensuring peaceful coexistence, normalcy and harmony, adding that no one wished to aggravate the matter.

When asked whether Maova village gave any proposal, Sebastian said since this was the first meeting, they (Maova village) did not come to provide a solution. He, however, confirmed that they apologized for the February 13 incident, but stated that the incident was just a “symptom” and not the “disease” itself.

Download Nagaland Tribune app on Google Play

“Without treating the disease, fighting the symptom won’t work. They also understood, and we explained, that this is just a symptom. The disease needs to be treated soon; don’t let it fester. They understood this,” he said.

Providing an update on those injured during the February 13 incident, Zumvü said the Extra Assistant Commissioner (EAC) had been discharged after receiving first aid. However, he noted that one security personnel was reportedly admitted in the ICU. He expressed regret that he had not been able to visit the injured personnel.

On the timeline for the next round of talks, Zumvü said the initiative now rests with Maova Village. “The ball is in the court of Maova village,” he stated.

Meanwhile, Chairman of Maova Village Council Sutminlal Vaiphei confirmed that the delegation attended the meeting in good faith following the ultimatum. He refrained from commenting on the outcome of the discussions but expressed hope for a positive resolution.

 

You cannot copy content of this page