No one hurt in fire at Kohima Town building; Swift action of Fire and Emergency Services lauded

Kohima: 2 establishments destroyed in fire

BY | Tuesday, 1 August, 2023
(PC: social media)

A fire broke out at N Kire building today after noon time today at Razhü point, Kohima town. No casualties were reported due to the fire but properties worth over Rs 55 lakh were lost.

Speaking to Nagaland Tribune, Nagaland Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES), Kohima, Officer-in-Charge Sedevizo Hibo mentioned that the station received a call around 12:30 pm and reached the location at 12:45 pm.

A kitchenware shop and a restaurant were destroyed in the fire.

Hibo said that firefighters’ reaching the location on time prevented further major damages. The OC informed that the property loss was around Rs 55 lakh and the property saved from the entire building was around three crore.

“According to our assessment, the fire was major”, he said.

(PC: social media)

Theja Kire, the owner of at N Kire building in Kohima town, commended the Fire Brigade for taking swift action and reaching on time. He informed that four or five fire trucks came and were able to put out the fire.

As per the information provided by the house owner, the OC had mentioned that the main cause of the fire was due to leakage of LPG and short circuit.

You cannot copy content of this page