Noklak, the Frontier District, celebrated the 76th Indian Independence Day at Noklak local ground. The Chief Guest of the function, Shri L Khumo, Advisor of Fisheries, Evaluation, Economics & Statistics, hoisted the National Flag at Noklak HQ.
L Khumo took the Rashtriya Salute from 12 parade contingents and delivered the Independence Day speech. The parade contingents were comprised of DEF/NAP, Village Guard Kingniu, Village Guard Lengnyu, Ex- Service men, SPC, NCC, GHS Noklak Village, CHS Noklak, St. Paul School, JRC, Holy Angel School and 14 Assam Rifles Pipe Band. Parade commander was Assistant Commandant, F COY 3rd NAP Noklak Logubu NSU, Parade 2I/c ABSI Pengthang DEF Noklak, Parade CHM Have, K. Peshiu ‘F’ COY 3rd NAP Noklak, Pilot Driver Govind Kumar and Flag man Hav Hangtoi.
The District Commendation Award was handed over by Shri. L Khumo. The recipients of this prestigious award are as follows:
- P Pukha Khiamniungan, ABSI 3rd NAP Noklak
- C Peyan Khiamniungan, Havidar 3rd NAP Noklak
- P Khuming, Naik DEF 4Noklak
- Imtinuken Ao, ASI DEF Noklak
- T Pencho, LDA cum computer Assistant, District Hospital Nokal
- Limayangla Khiamniungan Staff Nurse, District Hospital, Noklak
- K K Chim Khiamniungan, Information Assistance, APRO Office, Noklak
- Langkhang, Agriculture Officer, Agriculture Department, Noklak
- S Lemsang Khiamniungan, Forester Grade-II, Forest Department, Noklak
The awards ceremony was followed by a Cultural Dance performed by Lengnyu Village Guards. The showcase of various exhibition stalls and allied departments were inaugurated by Shri L Khumo.
DEF/NAP held the first position in the parade category while NCC GHS Noklak and GHS Noklak Village came in second and third respectively.
In the exhibition competition, the Fisheries & Aquatic Resources department took the first position while the Agriculture Department came in second and the Forest Department the third.
The occasion of the 76th Independence Day was also marked by a visitation to the District Hospital by the Noklak District Administration and IRCS, Noklak and a visitation to Adora Children’s Home by the Department of Agriculture.
The national occasion concluded with a football Match played between the District Planning & Development Board XI ( DPDP) and the Khiamniungan Tribal Council (KTC XI).